Here are a few coloring pages from Mom Junction, for an easy way to beat boredom! Click the critter name to download the page.
Some facts about ladybugs:
- Ladybugs are beetles.
- They’re not always red with black dots! Colors range from black/grey to orange/red.
- Speaking of spots… sometimes they have none! And the pattern varies, as well, depending on the species.
- They lift their colorful shell to expose their wings when they need to fly.
- Ladybugs are good for a garden, as they eat aphids off your plants.
Some interesting things you may not know about centipedes:
- Centipedes use their legs like little lassoes to catch and restrain prey.
- Most species of centipedes have fewer than 60 legs, not 100 as their name suggests.
- They have one pair of legs on each segment of their body.
- Baby centipedes are born with 8 legs, and add more as they grow.
- Centipedes mainly eat insects and spiders.