Crayons are the perfect cure for boredom! Here are a few coloring pages for the kids to enjoy. We’ve included some interesting facts to make for a fun learning experience for the kiddoes and the adults!
Simply click on the name of the critter to print the page.
Penguin (find more like this at crayola.com)
Some fun facts about penguins:
- Penguins are found only in the Southern Hemisphere of the world.
- There are 18 species of penguin found from Antarctica to the equator.
- Emperor penguins are the tallest penguin species. They measure at 1.2 meters, which is just under 4 feet!
- The gentoo penguin can swim up to 22 mph, making it the fastest species of penguin in the world.
- All penguins are flightless.
Here are a few not-so-fun facts about mosquitoes:
- Mosquitoes are classified as the most dangerous animal in the world because of the diseases they spread and carry.
- There are approximately 3,500 species of mosquitoes … but only a few varieties bite humans.
- Mosquito bites itch on nearly everyone, but some people are allergic and get hives or respiratory issues.
- Only female mosquitoes bite, because they need a blood meal to produce and lay eggs.
- Mosquitoes need only about a tablespoon of water to lay their eggs.
Surprising information about snails:
- Snails are just slugs wearing shells, and both are classified as “gastropods”.
- There may be around 15,000 species of gastropods! They are found everywhere on Earth – from the deepest ocean trench to the deserts.
- Some snails have hairy shells!
- Snails have a brain, a heart, and a circulatory system.
- Snails’ top speed is approximately 50 yards per hour. That means it would take them 2 hours to go from endzone to endzone on a football field!