Tis the season, right? Let’s take a few moments to give thanks to mosquito control specialists. They are keeping us and our families (including the furry ones) safe all year long! We all know mosquitoes are one of the biggest annoyances when we are enjoying our yards, but hopefully, you know how dangerous mosquitoes can be as well!
Try to imagine this scene, the family is outside enjoying dinner, pool, firepit, you name it, then whack! We smack a mosquito on our neck, or worst yet, one of our kid’s neck! A few moments go by and now there is a sizable red, itchy welt. It isn’t a pretty picture. Now, insert a mosquito control specialist, your property has been protected all year, there isn’t a mosquito in sight. That feels comfortable right?
To further our reasoning behind us wanting to give thanks to our mosquito control specialist, here are a few of the most wild facts about mosquitoes, borrowed from Buzzfeed.
8 Fact About Mosquitoes
- The average mosquito lives for a little less than two months. Males usually live for up to 10 days, whereas females can live up to 8 weeks in ideal conditions.
- The ones doing all the bloodsucking are the female mosquitos, which she does in order to feed her brood of upwards of 300 eggs.
- Male mosquitoes dine on plant nectar or sap.
- And an adult female mosquito can lay eggs every 10 days.
- A mosquito uses six “needlelike” mouthparts to suck on your blood.
- Mosquitos are drawn to humans by smelling the carbon dioxide we breathe out and sensing our body heat.
- Female mosquitos can beat their wings up to 500 times per second — which is how male mosquitoes find them
- There are at least 3,500 named species of mosquitos, but only a few hundred of them bite or ~bug~ us humans.
With all of that being said, a proper mosquito control plan is essential to ensuring your family enjoys your backyard with peace of mind! Stop swatting mosquitoes, dealing with itchy bumps, and running for the door, reach out us today and try a professional mosquito control specialist!