Mosquitoes are one pest no one wants to have to constantly deal with. The buzzing, the bites, the diseases they can transmit – it’s enough to make you crazy! If you’re looking for your best defense against mosquitoes, choose Mosquito Authority for professional mosquito control to eradicate mosquitoes and prevent their breeding cycle.
Relying on store-bought mosquito sprays, bug zappers, and other mosquito-repelling devices only goes so far and offers minimal effect without stopping larvae and mosquito habitat growth. We’re able to achieve far better results by stopping mosquitoes at the source with professional mosquito repellent as part of our cost-effective systems that are proven to work. Plus, our treatments are quick to implement without hassle to you, and we offer a mosquito service guarantee.
Since 2002, we’ve been helping families enjoy their backyards and business owners enjoy peace of mind knowing their commercial property is safe to conduct business. We have the expertise and offer a professional, customized approach unique to your specific situation. Our mosquito control methods are rooted in science, relying on the 21-day mosquito life cycle to prevent breeding habitats and larvae growth.
Our highly trained mosquito professionals employ a proven process to ensure an effective treatment. We don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach to mosquito control, factoring in the unique variables of your property when we provide a no-obligation estimate that outlines the scope of the work, price, and approach we’ll employ when determining the best course of action. You’ll never have to worry about surprise charges or hidden fees.
While nothing can eliminate every mosquito from your property or business, we’re confident our treatments work so well, that they require no commitments and come with our guarantee. We never ask our customers to make a commitment or sign a contract, and you can cancel at any time, for any reason.
As part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, if you’re bothered by mosquitoes between treatments, all you have to do is call. We’ll revisit your property or business, reassess the situation, and retreat at no additional charge.
Why Do Mosquitoes Bite?
Did you know that only female mosquitoes bite? It’s true! Most female mosquitoes can’t produce eggs without a blood meal, so they bite people and animals to obtain the nutrients they need. Male mosquitoes, however, do not bite people and animals since they don’t lay eggs.
Mosquitoes bite using their proboscis (a special mouthpart) to pierce the skin and suck up blood. While the mosquito is feeding, saliva is injected into your skin. The mosquito saliva is what causes reactions like bumps and itching.
Symptoms of a mosquito bite include:
- A swollen, hard, and red bump at the site of the bite
- Itchiness surrounding the bump
- Small blisters instead of hard bumps
- Dark spots that look like bruises
While most people react mildly to bites, others can react more strongly. More severe mosquito bite reactions can occur in children, people with immune system disorders, and adults bitten by a mosquito species they haven’t been exposed to previously.
These severe allergic reactions are sometimes referred to as Skeeter syndrome and can include larger areas of swelling, soreness, and redness, low-grade fever, hives, and swollen lymph nodes.
Preventing Mosquito Bites
Unfortunately, mosquito bites don’t just itch. Mosquitoes can transmit 28 diseases, including West Nile, Encephalitis, dengue, and malaria. Nearly 700 million people contract mosquito-borne illnesses each year, with around 1 million dying from them as a result.
It’s imperative to protect yourself and your family against mosquitoes and the dangers they present. What might seem like a harmless bite can have lifelong consequences if proper precautions aren’t taken.
Here are some tips to prevent mosquito bites:
- Treat your clothing and gear with permethrin or another Environmental Protection Agency-registered insect repellent.
- Apply bug spray with DEET, picaridin, IR3535, oil of lemon eucalyptus, para-menthane-diol, 2-undecanone, or another Environmental Protection Agency-registered insect repellent to exposed skin.
- Wear loose, long-sleeved shirts and long pants to cover your skin when outdoors.
- Stay indoors at peak mosquito hours, including dawn, dusk, and early evening.
- Don’t rely on vitamin B and ultrasonic devices, which are ineffective in preventing mosquito bites.
- Prevent mosquito bites when traveling overseas.
- Use screens on windows and doors to keep mosquitoes out.
- Replace outdoor lights with yellow bug lights to attract fewer mosquitoes.
- Remove standing water from flower pots, birdbaths, swimming pool covers, buckets, barrels, trashcans, and other areas where water can collect and remain stagnant.
- Check for clogged rain gutters and remove leaf debris preventing water movement.
- Remove items that can collect water.
How to Treat Mosquito Bites
Luckily, it’s pretty easy to treat mosquito bites with common household items. The first piece of advice is not to scratch mosquito bites. It’s definitely easier said than done but leaving the bite alone avoids allowing bacteria into the wound and causing an infection.
Some treatment options to relieve the itch and lower your risk of infection include:
- Washing the affected area with soap and water.
- Applying an ice pack to reduce swelling and itching, and reapplying as needed.
- Making a mixture of baking soda and water (1 tablespoon of baking soda with just enough water to create a paste) and applying it to the mosquito bite to help reduce the itch response.
- Applying over-the-counter anti-itch or antihistamine creams to help relieve itching.
- Using oral antihistamines for stronger reactions.
Treatments for Residential and Commercial Customers Alike
Whether you’re looking for residential mosquito control or commercial mosquito control, Mosquito Authority can help! While DIY or store-bought mosquito solutions can be tempting, nothing can compare to professional treatments. We don’t just repel mosquitoes with our licensed mosquito control options; our professional-grade solution and practical methods eliminate them at the source.
We’ve helped countless residential and commercial customers tackle their mosquito problem head-on with our proven four-step process. We’ll help your property or business stay mosquito free, or we’ll be back.
If you’re ready to stop mosquito bites for good, all you need to do is call Mosquito Authority. We’ll take you through our process and develop a mosquito control plan that fits your needs, budget, and schedule.
Contact us today for more information about professional mosquito control from Mosquito Authority and the other control services we provide to eradicate pests.