Valentine’s Day is almost here! If you haven’t made plans yet, you can choose one of the old standby options: dinner out (if you can get a reservation this late!), a bouquet of flowers, or some candy.
Or, you can think outside of the box (of candy) and give your Valentine a homemade sweet treat. You don’t have to be an accomplished baker to create a treat that has a personal touch.
Here are a few suggestions from a few of the baking-challenged people here at Mosquito Authority:
- Do you feel that making desserts from scratch is too complex? Nothing wrong with a boxed cake mix and a can of frosting.
- Bake a pan of brownies (from a box!) and cut them with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Slice and bake refrigerated cookie dough, then use pre-packaged icing tubes to draw hearts or write messages.
- Melt chocolate morsels in the microwave (instructions are on the package) and use that to make chocolate-dipped strawberries.
- Buy an undecorated item (cookies, cake, cookie cake, cupcakes) from the store, then ice and decorate them yourself.
If you’re a little more savvy with the hand mixer, you can find some quick recipes online or click here for some great ideas from Country Living.