The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has a wealth of information on their website to help you avoid ticks, and what to do if you cannot.
Click on the links for information on each topic.
- Prevention of ticks in your yard, and bites to humans and pets.
- Removal of ticks if you or your pet is bitten.
- Symptoms of tick-borne illness (Not intended as medical advice. See your doctor if you think you have symptoms of a tick-borne illness)
- Identifying a tick you find.
- General information on tick-borne diseases found in the US.
If you have concerns about your health after a tick bite, seek medical help immediately. If your pet is bitten by a tick and exhibits symptoms of illness, see a veterinarian as soon as possible.