We’re dedicated to protecting
you and your family
At Mosquito Authority, the safety and health of our team and our clients are first and foremost on our minds. We want to assure you that we are currently 100% operational with no limitations in delivering our service. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has mandated pest extermination (including mosquito control) as an “essential service”, allowing caring for you and your family to remain our top priority.
We have altered some of our normal protocol to ensure the health and safety of our clients and our Specialists. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Specialists will make sure to clean their hands between visits.
- Specialists will avoid shaking hands with customers.
- Specialists will keep a minimum distance of six feet from you to avoid the risk of infection.
What our associates will do to help protect others, as recommended by the CDC:
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze or use the inside of their elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean their hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Stay home when we are sick, except to get medical care.
Please note, there is no evidence that mosquitoes carry or transmit COVID-19.
For further information about COVID-19 (coronavirus), please visit CDC.gov.
Safe Social Distancing During COVID-19
We have asked our Specialists – for their health and for yours – to make sure that they remain at a safe distance from all our clients. It’s been tough on them, as they’re used to saying “hi” and visiting when they are in your yard, but we’re asking them to comply with CDC recommendations to stay at least six feet from others during this COVID-19 outbreak.
Please don’t think they are being rude if they maintain that distance! We want to make sure their families as well as our Mosquito Authority families remain healthy.
Since our work is performed outside your home, we can easily adhere to recommendations for keeping a proper social distance.
You may observe your Specialist:
- Working from the back of the truck to prepare their equipment
- Walking around your home and property to look for and address areas of standing water, which could be potential mosquito breeding grounds
- Treating non-blooming trees and shrubs on your property
- Applying tick control treatment (if applicable)
- Approaching your front door to leave a treatment card
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your local office. Since our Specialists are asked to observe the 6-ft social distancing recommendations, they will not be expecting you to come to the door when they leave the treatment card. For more information on proper Social Distancing, please refer to CDC.gov.