At Mosquito Authority, we pride ourselves on having a strong and continually growing franchise community. Many of our franchisees join Mosquito Authority with diverse backgrounds and a story to tell.
As a company that embraces the wide variety of experiences our franchisees bring to the table, we are proud to have several franchise owners who are also military veterans. That being said, Mosquito Authority is now a part of VetFran, a strategic initiative of the International Franchise Association and IFA Foundation dedicated to fostering relationships between franchisors and veterans.
VetFran has two main goals:
- To highlight the match between the unique skillset of entrepreneurial veterans and the demands and opportunities of franchisees
Veterans have proven to be exceptional franchise owners due to leadership and teamwork skills developed while serving in the military. According to VetFran, franchisors in the last year have said 97% of their veteran franchisees are excellent franchise owners.
- The second part of VetFran’s mission is to facilitate the transition of veterans into franchising by encouraging franchisors to offer incentives and discounts to veterans looking to become entrepreneurs
Encouraging veterans to enter the world of franchising benefits both veterans and franchisors. VetFran helps connect franchisors with aspiring entrepreneurs who have developed skills like dedication, perseverance, and discipline from their time in the military. In the last year, franchisors across the country have increased their veteran recruiting by 65%
Franchising is an extremely fast-growing industry, with new opportunities for business owners and new entrepreneurs growing rapidly. Because the skills and values veterans possess align with the desired qualities of successful franchisees, VetFran is committed to creating more franchising job opportunities for veterans. According to VetFran
, 14% of franchisees in the United States are veterans. To put that into perspective, veterans only make up about 7% of the country’s population.
“Our mission and passion in VetFran is to continue to grow these numbers, and continue to connect talented and patriotic veterans with so much to offer with franchise business ownership opportunities.”
Here are some of the ways VetFran encourages relationships between franchisors and veterans:
- To join VetFran, franchisors must offer a discount of at least 10% off on the initial franchise fee for veterans.
- VetFran encourages franchisors to offer additional incentives to the initial discount on franchise fees
- VetFran is dedicated to telling the stories of veteran franchises and helping entrepreneurial veterans succeed
VetFran has been committed to increasing job creation and opportunities for veterans through franchising since 1991.
Like VetFran, we want to encourage veterans to become part of our franchise community because we believe they bring valuable skills and attributes to the Mosquito Authority family. Mosquito Authority is a 3 Star Franchisor Member of VetFran, which means we are fully committed to recruiting veterans.
Want to hear from veteran Mike Jeffrey about his experience as a Mosquito Authority franchise owner? Check out what he has to say in this Franchise Time article