Protecting Pollinators While Controlling Pests
No Mosquitoes. Guaranteed.
Pollinators are an essential ecological component of all terrestrial ecosystems. We rely on pollination for our agricultural system to produce fruit and vegetable crops, as well as to aid in the reproduction of many types of flowering plants. When looking into pest control options, it’s imperative to reduce the impact on pollinators to avoid further decline in their populations as they play a vital role in sustaining our environment.
Most people think of honey bees as the only pollinators. Yet, there are many more creatures that help pollinate crops and wildflowers, including wild bees, ants, beetles, wasps, hummingbirds, lizards, flies, birds, bats, and butterflies. The decline in pollinator health is of great concern to every member of the population: without them, crops couldn’t grow, and our food supply would be devastated. The future of our planet depends on their survival.
At Mosquito Authority, we recognize the great importance of pollination and pollinators in our ecosystem, so we are determined to protect these valuable members of our ecological community.
Preventing Pollinator Decline
Mosquito Authority understands our customers’ needs to have pests removed from their property. It’s our top priority to keep you and your family safe from pests, but it’s also our responsibility to use pesticides in a safe and conscientious manner.
Colony Collapse Disorder was first identified in 2006, but unfortunately, there are other possible causes of decline. Pollinators can be affected by pests, pathogens, viruses, poor nutrition, pesticide exposure, bee management practices, and lack of genetic diversity.
Several organizations have been established to provide valuable information on proper pesticide handling and use. The Pesticide Environmental Stewardship (PES) encourages safe pesticide use with a variety of resources for crop producers, pesticide dealers, applicators, and the general public.
Some tips for utilizing pesticides to avoid impact on pollinators include:
- Applying pesticides in the evening
- Avoiding spraying flowers directly
- Applying pesticides as close to the target pest as possible
- Avoiding treating water sources
- Choosing an appropriate formulation
- Choosing appropriate native plants that require less maintenance and pesticide use
- Utilizing less toxic, rapidly degradable pesticides
- Altering application method (follow label directions, use granules instead of liquids)
- Researching Extended Residual Activity (ERT or RT) to determine the amount of time pesticide residue may affect pollinators
- Establishing apiaries in safe locations
How Mosquito Authority Can Help
Mosquito Authority is proud to offer a variety of strategies and solutions that can keep your property free of pests while ensuring the safety of pollinators.
- We identify the problem. We’ll listen to your assessment and inspect your property to determine the scope and type of infestation present.
- We find the right solution. By taking the time to listen to your pest control needs and inspect your property, we’ll devise the right solution to treat your pest problem while protecting pollinators.
- We treat your property. Our professional technicians will provide our services efficiently and effectively, without any hassle to you.
- Your property stays pest free. Or we’ll be back. We guarantee our services and will retreat if necessary.
As your source for professional pest control, Mosquito Authority is committed to keeping your yard free from pests while protecting the pollinators that also call your property home.
Contact us today for more information or to find service near you.
No Mosquitoes. GUARANTEED.While nothing can eliminate every mosquito from your property, our service works so well we guarantee you won’t be bothered by mosquitoes between treatments. If you are? Well, all you have to do is call. We’ll come back out, re-assess your property, and, if necessary, re-treat at no additional charge.
No Commitments, No Contracts. Cancel Anytime.We’re so confident in our mosquito barrier treatment services, we don’t require long-term commitments. The most effective way to keep mosquitoes under control is to set up a regular maintenance program. Some exterminators ask customers to commit to regular treatments in advance, but that’s not how we do business at Mosquito Authority. We’re so confident that you’ll love our services, you choose to enlist our team for future treatments without any contracts.
At Mosquito Authority, part of our mission in helping our customers get the mosquito-free spaces they deserve is to provide tips to eliminate pests from their properties. In addition to
Investing in regular mosquito control for your property is one of the most effective ways to stop the itch from mosquito bites. Mosquito Authority is your best defense against mosquitoes
If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you already know Mosquito Authority is your best defense against mosquitoes! Since 2002, our professional mosquito control company has been providing countless